What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Information submitted through the contact forms on our site are sent to our work email.
We keep these submissions for hiring and customer service purposes only. They are never used for marketing purposes or shared with any third parties.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
We use Mailchimp to collect email addresses. If you sign up for a freebie or purchase something from our shop, you agree to receive our weekly newsletter containing new posts, updates, and special offers via email. We do not share emails with third parties and do not spam.
You can unsubscribe any time from such emails. By doing that, you acknowledge and understand that you may no longer receive newsletters from purplecoding.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Like any other website, purplecoding uses ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
Our site uses the following cookies:
- Google Analytics cookies – these are set for monitoring and tracking visitors behavior on the site.
- WordPress logged-in cookies – these are used by WordPress to authenticate logged-in visitors, password authentication, and user verification.
- Limit Login Attempts cookies – this is used by the Limit login attempts plugin to provide brute force security in logins by monitoring user cookies.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
For more general information on cookies, please read “What Are Cookies”.
Third-Party Privacy Policies
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
Google DoubleClick DART Cookie
This website uses ads provided by different ad networks and also affiliate links.
This blog occasionally features affiliate links. What does that mean for you?
If you make a purchase through one of our affiliate links, we will get a very small commission at no extra cost to you. All posts containing affiliate links will be mentioned in the first paragraphs. We only recommend products or services that we truly believe in.
This blog is also a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
We are compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites, and various other topics.
The views and opinions expressed on purplecoding’s blog are purely the author’s own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party in question. Purplecoding does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
This website will accept forms of compensation and will feature sponsored content from time to time. That will include paid blog posts or reviews, sponsored giveaways, or mentions of PR samples. All such posts will be clearly marked in the first paragraphs.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
This site utilizes caching in order to facilitate a faster response time and better user experience. Caching potentially stores a duplicate copy of every web page that is on display on this site. All cache files are temporary, and are never accessed by any third party, except as necessary to obtain technical support from the cache plugin vendor. Cache files expire on a schedule set by the site administrator, but may easily be purged by the admin before their natural expiration, if necessary.
How we use your information
We use the information we collect in various ways, including:
- Provide, operate, and maintain our website
- Improve, personalize, and expand our website
- Understand and analyze how you use our website
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website, and for marketing and promotional purposes
- Send you emails
- Find and prevent fraud
Who we share your data with
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work or perform services on our behalf;
- With third-party apps and advertisers for the purpose of targeting, re-targeting and analytics
- When you participate in the interactive areas of our Services, certain information you provide may be displayed to other users, such as your name, photo, comments and other information you choose to provide;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Company or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
Who can see my personal information
If you apply for a job position, the shared information can only be seen by our HR team.
If you use one of the contact forms, the message can only be seen by our administration team.
How we protect your data and what data breach procedures we have in place
We protect customer data with the following site features:
- We are entirely using SSL/HTTPS throughout all our sites. This encrypts our user communications with the servers so personal identifiable information is never captured by third parties without authorization.
- Databases are sanitized (actual user personal details are removed) before deploying to development or testing environment.
In case of a data breach, System administrators will immediately go through affected users and will attempt to reset passwords if needed after informing the user.
What rights you have over your data
Please read these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) carefully before using this blog, as these Terms apply to all visitors. By visiting this blog, you agree to be bound by these Terms.